Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Loan interest refund for CCA breach.

(4 Posts)
QueenArseClangers Thu 19-Nov-15 17:03:41

We've recently received a letter to inform us we're entitled to a refund of interest from an old loan that we paid off last year.
We realise it's an unexpected windfall and it's come at a very handy time.
The problem is that the letter stated that the refund would be paid within 2 weeks. It's now been longer than that and no sign of the money.
I've rang the loan company to check if they had the right bank details today (they have) but they couldn't tell me when it'll be sorted.
Is this normal? Do the lenders have an obligation to refund in a specific timescale or is it as and when?

Wish I'd never had the bloody letter and it'd just been paid in!

wowfudge Fri 20-Nov-15 14:24:39

Are you absolutely certain the letter you received is genuine? That would be my first concern. Did the person you spoke with not give an idea of timescale?

QueenArseClangers Sun 22-Nov-15 00:20:57

Yep, it's genuine. The contact number is the official one.
Person/people on the phone said it was being dealt with by another department but couldn't do anything about it or give me a timescale apart from 'soon'.

floatyjosmum Thu 26-Nov-15 19:07:25

I had a similar thing with my credit card - took a few weeks longer than they originally said but all went through without an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now