Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Filling in my Form E.... do I say 'I am...' or 'Name is...'

(4 Posts)
Namechanger2015 Thu 05-Nov-15 20:14:19

I'm currently filling in my lovely Form E, and wondered about the language I should be using.

I am keeping it all very formal and saying 'Name is currently living at XYZ, etc' but should I be making this a bit more personable (and hopefully more sympathetic to the judge) by saying 'I am currently living at XYZ'?

Or does it not matter a jot, as long as I am being clear about things?

Sprig1 Fri 06-Nov-15 14:40:57

When I filled mine out I used 'I' and my son's name, where relevant. I think so long as you are clear though it does not matter. Do you have a solicitor?

Namechanger2015 Fri 06-Nov-15 22:26:58

I have a direct access barrister and he will be checking/talking me through the form once I have finished it. It's taken me some time to plough through, just want to present myself in the best light possible.

Maybe I should change mine to 'I' and 'my' as well, might make me seem more like a real person.

Fuckitfay Mon 09-Nov-15 18:53:56

Fill it in as "I". It doesn't really matter but there's no need to complete it in the third person and it's easier to give narrative description in the first person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now