Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

is this correct?

(5 Posts)
Kristy99 Sat 31-Oct-15 19:54:45

Child contact order was put in place Feb this year, I've just received court papers again as he wants the children full time, at the min it's EOW.
The papers have arrived and it's a completely different case number, no mention of the previous order or the fact that it's a variation. Is this correct? Sounds like a new order application rather than a variation to me? I hope the court have looked into the fact we already have an order before this all starts again!
TIA

Bellemere Sat 31-Oct-15 20:46:46

I've had both. You will have a directions hearing first - has he not attempted mediation? You can bring up the previous case in the directions hearing.

Kristy99 Sat 31-Oct-15 20:56:19

No attempt at mediation. We had it in August but wasn't about this.
I'm goin to ring the court first thing Monday. Another thing, he's asking for a new order when he can't even comply with the current one, he has our son and refuses to return him, although he is 11 so could say it's his choice. Would this reflect badly on him?

Bellemere Sat 31-Oct-15 21:09:24

Haven't you returned the matter to court to have your son returned to you? None of it sounds good to be honest.

Kristy99 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:13:16

Didn't get chance, he'd only been gone 9 days (3 of them he came back) when the paperwork was filed. I left the situation to calm a little before I went in with court, hoping we could sort it between us.
Would the judge honestly change it so soon in, order was only done in Feb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now