Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CSA question

(2 Posts)
fieryfighter Wed 21-Oct-15 13:30:39

Hi, a few years ago the CSA made a nil assessment for my exh (own new business, didn't earn anything on paper, cash in hand yada yada) which obviously I was disgusted with but decided I wouldn't let it stress me any further as I had too much to cope with during the divorce.

Basically I didn't contact the CSA again as I felt it was an utter waste of time because I knew he'd find ways round actually declaring any income and he would occasionally chuck me some money which I felt was better than nothing. It never averaged any more than £14 a week though for two children.

Do you think it's possible to ask the CSA to look at the intervening years? Are they able to? I guess I should have probably kept on at the CSA but I felt it was so hopeless and I did occasionally get a bit of money from him but I haven't had a bean in a year now.

Just asking for input to see if it's even worth trying again. Thanks

Milkyway66 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:13:42

Do you still have an open csa case?
If so, it's worth contacting them to see if they can look back.
If it's been closed then I believe they won't back date anything and everything will start afresh, so make the call before more time passes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now