Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any immigration lawyer about?

(4 Posts)
maakourin Mon 19-Oct-15 17:01:40

My husband was obliged to leave his work on April this year due to reducing number of employees, his work permit visa expires on january 2016, we checked with a lawyer who said that we should have reported that to home office (which we didnt) telling them that he is not working anymore. So now we dont know r we in a legal situation since our visa is still valid? Or are we in illegal situation since we havent reported it to home office immediately? Plz advise

GreenGoblin0 Thu 29-Oct-15 22:33:12

what type of visa does he have? what exactly does it say on the visa?

Fizrim Thu 29-Oct-15 22:35:18

Did the company that he worked for apply for the permit for him? What did the lawyer tell you about his status (or why didn't you ask at the time)?

Notsoaccidentproneanymore Thu 29-Oct-15 22:41:18

It will say on his Entry Clearance stamp the terms and conditions of his stay in the UK i.e. If is says 'specified 'employer', then you need to tell the Home Office ASAP. And find a new employer ASAP!

Do you know what type of leave to enter your dh has i.e. Tier 2 etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: