Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Rip off plumber

(7 Posts)
AfroPuffs Mon 05-Oct-15 21:41:32

Does anyone know if plumbers are regulated? I want to complain but have no idea who i would actually complain to!

wowfudge Mon 05-Oct-15 23:39:27

Trading Standards locally?

Groovee Tue 06-Oct-15 08:03:30

In Scotland it's snipef

Verypissedoffwife Tue 06-Oct-15 08:07:14

You could report to whichever trade body he's a member of. I think it used to be called Corgi but it might have changed name. I seem to remember that plumbers HAVE to me a member on order to touch the gas supply? I might be talking bollocks though.....

batshitlady Tue 06-Oct-15 09:56:52

Not Corgi anymore. Gas Safe, it's called now. If he did gas work then he should be registered. Can you give more details of why you feel he's ripped you off OP?

bmagee Sat 31-Oct-15 17:37:18

Not sure about who to complain to but we have just had a powerflush and other plumbing/heating work done by the most honest, reliable and fair-priced chap. His company is called plumb-wise based in Dartford.

digerd Sat 31-Oct-15 18:02:49

I complained in 2008 to the Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers as he was a member.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: