Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Major defects with new build & getting nowhere

(4 Posts)
MyNescafe Fri 14-Aug-15 13:58:51

Last autumn I bought a new build Bovis house. Not being a property expert I paid to have an independent survey carried out that uncovered 18 pages of defects.

I have had a hell of a time getting these issues addressed & 10 months down the line I am still fighting to get anyone from Bovis to even reply to my emails.

To put into context some of these issues are what I would describe as snags but others require significant build work such as some rebuilding of front bays & roof sections & a porch canopy that is coming away from the wall.

I'm at the end of my rope with it. I haven't been able to decorate or really move in properly as I know that significant build work is necessary.

I don't know where to turn now and am thinking of getting a builder in to quote on the work.

What would you do in my situation? Any advice much appreciated.

Tooooooohot Fri 14-Aug-15 17:19:54

Stop sending emails and send things recorded signed for post. It might be worth sending a copy of every peice of correspondence along with details of calls with a new letter detailing the problems asking for a response within a set period otherwise you'll take the matter further. Address this to the CEO marked private and confidential. Have you spoken to any other bodies or associations for advice?

Tooooooohot Fri 14-Aug-15 17:20:12

Refer items to the contract also.

ajandjjmum Fri 14-Aug-15 17:27:00

Can the NHBC give you any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now