Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Injuction order agaist inlaw

(9 Posts)
Nona11 Tue 11-Aug-15 23:57:59

Long story short we've been harassed by a in law for a number of years now. It stops for a few months then is dragged up again.
This in law is making a very serious accusation against my partner and has already been filed by the police once as untrue. This person has a history of making false serious accusations from their own partner to their parents.
Today was the final straw they bring it up as blackmail whenever something not going their way and I've had enough.
We've been to the police and they've recommend taking an injunction order out against them. Has anyone here ever taken one of these out?

It's deeply affecting me I'm scared to leave my house in case they come round, I run a buisness from here and last thing I need is Looney relatives coming up screeching.

Collaborate Wed 12-Aug-15 10:52:25

You may be able to get an injunction under either the Family Law Act or the Protection from Harassment Act, Speak to a solicitor who is a member of Resolution. Look on the Resolution website for details of a solicitor near you.

Nona11 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:08:22

Thank you Collaborate I'll look at the site you've suggested.
Thankfully we're also in the process of moving hopefully we'll be able to keep the knowledge of our new addresses secret until it's filed.

Collaborate Wed 12-Aug-15 13:34:06

"until it's filed"? I'm not sure what you mean by this. There's no need for them to know where you've moved to, surely?

Nona11 Wed 12-Aug-15 14:47:22

I run a buisness from home it's not too hard to find out the address. I have considered looking into other premises but this person goes as far to go through other relatives phones to get our mobile numbers :/

Collaborate Wed 12-Aug-15 14:57:53

Ah I see.

Just a suggestion - what about a PO Box number? If it's only for correspondence that you publish your address, a PO box is rather good value.

SugarOnTop Wed 12-Aug-15 19:40:26

i'm in the process of running a business from home and i don't want to publish my address on my advertising materials, nor do i want people checking my company out on google and obtaining it that way.

So i've registered with an 'online virtual office' company and for £50 a year i can use their address as my own 'registered address'. That is the address Companies House publish online and all my mail goes to this address. they just give me a call/email when i have a mail and then forward it on to my private address. Blue Square are the company i'm using but there are lots of others so shop for one that suits your needs/budget.

Nona11 Wed 12-Aug-15 23:41:02

That could be an idea for the future but I have customers come to my house for one part of my business. Sometimes I look after other people's animals while they're away in my house and do a little dog day care atm.

Nona11 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:44:59

Spoken with a solicitor they're going to write a warning letter first but she's just moved and we don't know the new address.

Hopefully I can find it without having to ask other family members and get them involved.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: