Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

interim payments

(5 Posts)
ilovesprouts Wed 05-Aug-15 10:36:57

any leagal eagles on here .....i was in a accident in 2013 i recived a interim payment of 5k in august the same year ,i just wanted to know if i can ask for some more money ? as case not settled yet.

mumblechum1 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:00:21

Yes you can. How far into the court proceedings are you at the moment?

ilovesprouts Wed 05-Aug-15 11:15:49

other side have admit liability case is about 2.5 years in they due in court october for sentance.

mumblechum1 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:33:00

OK, assuming that by "sentence" you mean judgement, ie that it isn't a criminal matter, then it is absolutely possible to apply for a further interim payment.

Your barrister should hopefully have given an indication of quantum so he or she will be able to give you a steer on how much to ask for. This should be possible just by letter rather than having to go to see counsel again.

ilovesprouts Wed 05-Aug-15 15:37:59

thanks mumblechum1 ive just rang my soliciter up whos dealing with my case hes gonna ask the other side,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now