Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Eurocarpark fine: pay or not?

(1 Post)
anon33 Tue 28-Jul-15 11:54:44

Months ago I parked in one of those camera manned (private) car parks. I went over my time by 20 minutes; about 60p worth in time. I honestly did not understand the concept of these, thought that I was ok as I did not receive anything on the windscreen.

Anyway I received a fine, went to pay it online but then saw many similar queries about such a place and the general advice was to appeal it, offering to pay the excess and a small amount of compensation (£5 or so) and refuse to pay anything further.

I did the above, appeal was rejected and I just received a letter from a debt collection company asking for £160. I am fully prepared to pay it if I have to as I have an unblemished credit history, but would obviously prefer not to pay it if I didn't have to!

So, to pay or not to pay? Is it likely that they will take court proceedings against me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now