Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Solo Practitioners

(6 Posts)
DoctorGilbertson Tue 21-Jul-15 20:53:57

DH is thinking of starting a small solo practice from home (he has lots of foreign experience and has passed QLTS).

It would be really helpful to have a ball park figure for how much his professional indemity insurance might be if he were to do this.

Would any solo practitioners (solicitors - ideally working from home) mind saying who provides their professional indemnity insurance and how much it is?


mumblechum1 Tue 21-Jul-15 23:52:41

I'm a legal exec and run a niche will writing firm. I'm with Simply Business. The underwriters are Grenham.
My premiums have kept going down every year as never had a claim <<touch word!>>. This year it was around £750 iirc.

DoctorGilbertson Wed 22-Jul-15 07:41:20


babybarrister Wed 22-Jul-15 08:08:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cdtaylornats Wed 22-Jul-15 09:55:00

If he expects work related visitors at home he will need Public Liability Insurance.

mumblechum1 Wed 22-Jul-15 10:22:18

yy it's a requirement of my professional body that I have to have PLI as well even though I never see clients at home hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: