Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How do I get a copy of covenants on property

(3 Posts)
SillyBlueHat Tue 21-Jul-15 20:10:56

So, my lovely ex DH took all the documents for our house when we split up. We divorced and I bought the house from him years ago. I'm about to get work done on the exterior and am wondering if there are any restrictive covenants as there are others concerning erecting sheds and driveway. I have the title deeds and covenant from when the previous owners bought the house but am wondering if there were any changes (ex housing association house).

Our neighbours deeds show different covenants so I'm nervous that I don't have the proper documents. An online search with Land Registry doesn't produce anything with regards to any covenants.

tinymeteor Tue 21-Jul-15 20:24:33

My OH is a legal eagle and says that you should get the title deed from the land registry. If it doesn't show covenants you're fine. Also your solicitor may have copies from when you bought the place.

SillyBlueHat Wed 22-Jul-15 21:20:14

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now