Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Changing a contact order

(5 Posts)
NobleLocks Fri 17-Jul-15 06:51:34

Money for solicitors is very thin on the ground at the moment.
After physical and verbal abuse at handovers, him going through my home, and calling 3 year old DD a liar after she was left with strangers, shouting at her when she has a toilet accident until she cries I think it's time this order needs changing. I've tried addressing the issues and he screams or ignores and states I. Am Off my head.

However nursery having concerns is the last straw.

How do I change a contact order??

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 17-Jul-15 07:39:40

Here's a number... 0808 8020 008. It's for the Coram Children's Legal Centre. Mon-Fri 8am to 8pm. Free solicitor advice. You'll have to keep ringing to get through, as they don't generally do callbacks, so allow yourself plenty of time.

Hope that it helps.

NobleLocks Fri 17-Jul-15 08:31:02

Thank you

TaraG23 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:33:07

Get yourself a McKenzie Friend, for a fraction of the cost (usually just the hearing, depending on how much preparation is needed beforehand). You won't be so nervous having someone to help you through and keep you focussed. Join the facebook group self representing in court, to help you through. You will need to prove the reasons why you think that contact should be reduced, with witnesses or CAFCASS may become involved, but always remember that judges always look at what is most beneficial to the child with regard to child arrangements orders.

NobleLocks Fri 17-Jul-15 19:18:34

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: