Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can I reply myself or should I get a solicitor?

(2 Posts)
skyeskyeskye Tue 14-Jul-15 16:03:19

XH has emailed to say that he has seen a solicitor and a letter is on the way with some proposals in. this is in connection to contact with our DD, which he withdrew by his own choice 3 weeks ago and now wants to resume. I have told him that there are now several issues that need resolving before contact resumes and that i want mediation (which he has previously refused)

Can i respond directly to the solictor myself, or should I get a solicitor to reply? I can't afford legal fees, so really don't want to get a solicitor involved unless have to.

Depending on what the proposals are, i know what my answers will be. So can I respond directly to the proposals? Can I refuse to engage unless he goes to mediation?

I have never withheld contact but I am reluctant to let it resume until all current issues are resolved.

He wants to talk after a DAF meeting on Friday, but as he has been aggressive and verbally abusive on the phone, I will no longer talk to him without a third party present, so I think I can insist on mediation because of that?

Bellemere Tue 14-Jul-15 16:29:32

He will have to attend mediation if he wants to go to court. You can respond to the solicitor's letter yourself and you can self represent if it goes to court.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now