Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Child contact orders and continued emotional abuse

(5 Posts)
Backhereagain Mon 13-Jul-15 22:49:27

I'm desperate. Ex is harassing me via a third party once again as well as involving my/our daughter in this fiasco.

He never been able t maintain contact for whatever reason so after years and years of manipulation, false allegations, court cases and so on I've explained the best possible route is to keep everything official and to adhere to the child contact order. He has told me it's invalid.

There no discharge date on it so why won't he believe me and what can I do if he turns up outside of the agreement made many years ago.

Sorry this is garbled I'm losing my mind over what's happening to our family because of the actions her father has taken recently.

Can I refuse contact if it's not in the order and if he won't go away what can I do. I didn't want it to come to this but I've once again been pushed into a corner by my ex and his family and I have to wait until to tomorrow to speak to a solicitor from somewhere.

Please help.

SoundsLegit Tue 14-Jul-15 20:28:12

You can say that you want to stick to the court ordered contact only and if he wishes to vary the order then he would have to reapply through court for a new child arrangements order (after attempting mediation first).

RandomMess Tue 14-Jul-15 20:31:44

If he turns up on the door and makes a nuisance of himself you can call the police.

I would dial the local station - I suppose using the 101 number and ask to speak to a member of the domestic violence team and explain to them that he is continually threatening to turn up outside of court ordered contact time and he is continuing to harass you.

They will probably give you their team phone number to call should he turn up - they will come out very quickly IME if called.

Tequilashotfor1 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:33:35

Yep stick to the agreement. Don't let him bully you

TaraG23 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:41:38

If he continues to harass you you can also apply for a non molestation order which will prevent him coming near you, calling you, or contacting you at any time that has not been agreed within the order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now