Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

maternity pay, do I qualify?

(7 Posts)
bumbleandbumble Mon 29-Jun-15 07:46:32

I read that you need to work for 26 weeks in order to get SMP.

Does it count that I worked for 1 year as a maternity cover (it was a one year contract) and then recently, when the maternity contract finished, they have offered me a full time role. So does my qualifying period start from when I first started working there or does it start from when they offered me the full time position?

HelenF350 Mon 29-Jun-15 07:47:30

If you have been working continuously I believe it starts from the day you were first employed.

LotusLight Mon 29-Jun-15 12:48:18

Were you an employee? I was self employed with the twins so got zilch.

HighOverTheFenceLeapsSunnyJim Mon 29-Jun-15 15:57:16

If you don't get SMP sounds like you will get Maternity allowance. There's an eligibility calculator you can do online if you google.

bumbleandbumble Sun 05-Jul-15 09:02:02

I am an employee. I have a contract....but I really need the full pay. Its just that my first year it was a temporary, one year contract...now the job is permanent. This is why I am confused. Its been well over 26 from the beginning or does the beginning only count when they offered the permanent role???

ThatIsNachoCheese Sun 05-Jul-15 09:05:53

Continuously working? From the beginning.

Finbar Sun 05-Jul-15 09:13:03

Get into the gov.uk website and use the calculator on there - it's great. And very simple information etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now