Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is there any way to get extra money from my dcs dad? (I'm in Scotland he is in england)

(6 Posts)
Whatthefuckhaveidone Tue 23-Jun-15 15:03:42

My ex was paying sporadic maintenece for our children, I didn't go to CMO because he said he would quit his job and I'd get nothing.

The last 5 months he has paid regularly and what I worked out to be the correct amount.

He has now moved in with his girlfriend and her two children, she works and gets maintenence for her kids, they have now bumped her hours up, my ex s hours down and he does the childcare for her.

Due to this he has decided to reduce the pittance I get (I believe this is why it was done)

He doesn't see our dc often, maybe once in 6 months. He doesn't call or visit at all.

The problem I have is one of my dc has regular medical appointments quite far from us. With train fares and childcare for our other dc these 4-6 weekly appointments take up most if what my ex pays me.

I have no idea what I am going to do to enable my child to attend if he cuts my money.

Is there any way I can get him to contribute half the costs or anything at all over and above the legal minimum he has to pay? I'm at my wits end with it all.

Bellemere Tue 23-Jun-15 15:12:33

You can ask the CMS to include medical costs for your child in their calculation.

Whatthefuckhaveidone Tue 23-Jun-15 16:33:19

Thank you. I can't see an option for this to be included in the online calculator. Do you know if the amount he has to contribute will be anything like half the travel costs?

worridmum Tue 23-Jun-15 17:26:46

I did not think they did take into account extra needs be it medical or private schooling etc i was under the impresson it was a flat % of the NRP income pre tax and with that your meant to cover 50% of costs of raising the children (not that normally does etc)

Bellemere Tue 23-Jun-15 17:33:54

Information here

Rockchick1984 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:31:35

Would the condition be classified as a disability? If so you may be able to claim DLA, or contact the hospital and see if they offer any assistance towards travel expenses for appointments.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: