Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

seperated from husband with no where to go

(7 Posts)
Blondiemum32 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:06:01

Recently my husband has found out I have been having an affair. I am a stay at home mum with a 7 year old daughter.
I have no money of my own and own nothing. The house, cars etc are all in husbands name.
Hes told me to leave but I have no where to go as need to stay local doe mt daughters school.
I have just under a quarter of a tank petrol in the car hes letting me use and no credit on a phone im using. This morning I went to the citizens advice to ask what I could do next but I didnt have enough money for the car park so had to come back home.
im at a loss as to what I can do.
I know ive brought all this on myself but I really need advice.

NerrSnerr Tue 23-Jun-15 10:08:09

Can you stay with the person you're having the affair with?

Solicitors will offer 30 minutes free legal advice, I think you need to speak to them.

NerrSnerr Tue 23-Jun-15 10:10:04

Is your daughter with you? On second thoughts the council may give you emergency accommodation. You could go to the council office. Is there somewhere out of town you could park and then walk into the CAB?

FernGullysWoollyPully Tue 23-Jun-15 10:25:54

Go on the website of your local authority and search emergency accomodation or homelessness. They can and will try to help you especially if your daughter is staying in your care. Most emergency accomodation is b&b type places and hostels. It's not pretty but it's a roof over you.

A trip to your local dwp or jobcentre will help as making a claim for benefits might be the best option. They have funds for emergencies. There are usually free phones inside where you can make a claim.

Hadron21 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:29:32

Can you live together but separately while you sort yourself out? The household money doesn't become his property because you had an affair.
If you move out you may need money for a deposit, plus ongoing maintenance for your child.

HappyAsASandboy Tue 23-Jun-15 10:31:58

I know the previous posters are trying to be helpful, but my advice would be to stay in your house.

Your refer to your partner as your husband, so I'm assuming you're married - he can't just chuck you out of the marital home, even if it's in his name!

Yes, it will be awkward and unpleasant to stay in the house while the two of you resolve this, but your DD needs stability, not temporary accommodation. Stay in the house, and seek advice from CAB/council/solicitor. You don't have to just leave because he says so!

Blondiemum32 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:49:02

Thanks for everyone's replies. I have a telephone gateway interview with CAB. My husband and I have spoke briefly and we want our daughter to stay in our home. Ive told him that whatever happens im not gonna be leaving anytime soon as these things take time. I definitely needs aome legal advice regarding where I stand financially as currently hes taken my bank card etc off me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: