Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

"we don't do refunds, just credit notes" is this OK?

(6 Posts)
ovumahead Thu 18-Jun-15 16:48:21

Bought a bra from a local shop at the weekend, and took it back today as it didn't fit me properly. Spent AGES with the assistant trying on about 20 other bras but none of them were right (I do have enormous boobs unfortunately). I said I'd just have to have a refund, after which the shop assistant said "oh we don't do refunds, sorry. Only credit notes". Agh, soooooo annoying! I wouldn't have bought anything from there if I'd known that.

Legally, is this OK?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 18-Jun-15 16:49:26

I think it is legal. As long as the bra is not faulty, you are not entitled to a refund AFAIK. Annoying, I know.

electionfatigue Thu 18-Jun-15 16:49:43

I don't think there's any legal requirement to offer a refund unless faulty. but I'm sure a lawyer will be along soon to give a more definitive answer!

Whichseason Thu 18-Jun-15 16:52:13

They only have to refund if it is faulty. If there is nothing wrong with a product they don't even have to offer you a credit note.

ragged Thu 18-Jun-15 16:53:44

Sports Direct do it. Poor staff get a lot of grief.

ovumahead Thu 18-Jun-15 17:33:02

Oh bugger
Lesson learnt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now