Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Ex refuses to answer emails

(4 Posts)
Newbrummie Wed 17-Jun-15 17:00:10

He will not divulge his address, how on earth am I meant to divorce him and get the equity out of the house which is in his name and I need every penny of. He plans to pop over and see the children - he lives in Australia - but again is not paying support or has any sort of visitation agreed at all, it's all so slap dash and has been going on for two years, I want closure.

Icimoi Tue 23-Jun-15 19:03:26

It is possible sometimes to effect service by things like advertising in newspapers - I think I saw something recently where a court allowed service by Facebook. I think you will need to see a solicitor.

LotusLight Tue 23-Jun-15 21:08:04

In some general court actions in the UK you can obtain permission to serve documents by email if that is the only address you have (and of course only if you are sure you have the right email address). You could perhaps also post them to his mother and wider family with confidential on the front perhaps in the hope they would pass them on.

sleeponeday Wed 24-Jun-15 09:00:15

The Australians are very good on child support. They also have a reciprocal agreement with the UK on the subject - you can enforce child support against someone who has moved there. Call them and ask what you need to do. My mother was told (father is Aussie) that they take it direct from pay packets as a norm, and can locate people that way. But the agency in question will be able to help you with what steps are necessary.

This is the government position on divorcing someone whose address is unknown.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: