Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.


(4 Posts)
Yusra4 Mon 15-Jun-15 09:10:28

Hi ,
Court has ordered a guardian to speak for my son ...any experience?

Mumblechum1 Mon 15-Jun-15 09:45:51

NYAS's job is to represent the child in Children Act proceedings, so there's a NYAS officer who will speak with the child and all relevant adults/authorities and then instruct a solicitor to represent the child in court.

Often this happens because the court is concerned that the parents are so entrenched in their bad feelings towards one another that the child is suffering.

You should try to think of NYAS involvement as a positive thing; they are trying to help and to give your son a voice in the proceedings.

Yusra4 Mon 15-Jun-15 23:01:16

Thank you.....but are they good people because ,i had such a bad experience with social services when they instructed them for section 37.....any child could do a better job than they did.
Hopefully i am this time dealing with

Mumblechum1 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:26:45

The ones I've had contact with (as a retired divorce lawyer) were very professional.

The important thing is to remember that they want the best for your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now