Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can I return this laptop?

(5 Posts)
Knittingandtea Sun 07-Jun-15 19:24:01

(Hope I've posted in the right place!)

I purchased a laptop from Argos today, and I'm just not happy with it. There's nothing 'wrong' with it as such, it's just a bit sluggish so not as fast as I was expecting. The screen is also not of great quality - I'm not too sure how to describe it, it just looks dirty even though it's not. You know when you leave the plastic bit on a screen so it's all a bit fuzzy? It's like that only there is no plastic bit to peel off.

I'm guessing I don't have any rights to return it though? sad

lougle Sun 07-Jun-15 20:53:23

If it isn't faulty I don't think you can. Laptops are specifically excluded from Argos' 30 day money back guarantee.

funnyface31 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:39:50

I would return and say it's been used.
Argue your case!

I've got a few items from Argos hat have been used in the past, stickers on kids toys and bits missing.

sleeponeday Mon 08-Jun-15 00:53:31

I returned a laptop to John Lewis last month for an exchange for exactly that reason, and they were lovely - has to be worth a shot, at least, with Argos? What have you to lose by trying?

cestlavielife Tue 09-Jun-15 12:03:03

just take it back and ask www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now