Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can I return this laptop?

(5 Posts)
Knittingandtea Sun 07-Jun-15 19:24:01

(Hope I've posted in the right place!)

I purchased a laptop from Argos today, and I'm just not happy with it. There's nothing 'wrong' with it as such, it's just a bit sluggish so not as fast as I was expecting. The screen is also not of great quality - I'm not too sure how to describe it, it just looks dirty even though it's not. You know when you leave the plastic bit on a screen so it's all a bit fuzzy? It's like that only there is no plastic bit to peel off.

I'm guessing I don't have any rights to return it though? sad

lougle Sun 07-Jun-15 20:53:23

If it isn't faulty I don't think you can. Laptops are specifically excluded from Argos' 30 day money back guarantee.

funnyface31 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:39:50

I would return and say it's been used.
Argue your case!

I've got a few items from Argos hat have been used in the past, stickers on kids toys and bits missing.

sleeponeday Mon 08-Jun-15 00:53:31

I returned a laptop to John Lewis last month for an exchange for exactly that reason, and they were lovely - has to be worth a shot, at least, with Argos? What have you to lose by trying?

cestlavielife Tue 09-Jun-15 12:03:03

just take it back and ask

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now