Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Which solicitor would be best location wise, advice needed please.

(3 Posts)
Ilovepsychology Sat 06-Jun-15 11:18:13

I could really do with some advice from solicitors or people that have been in a similar situation please.

A couple of relations lived in London, their wills were held with solicitors there.

They then moved to the south west. One passed away several months ago and a local solicitor dealt with all legal matters.

The other member of the couple has now passed away. I am the executor and live in the Midlands. The property they lived in will need to be sold.

My question is which solicitors would it be best to use for both selling the property and probate matters?

1) London where the wills have been / are held
2) south west where there is already knowledge of the circumstances
3) Midlands as it is more convenient for me


Ilovepsychology Sat 06-Jun-15 16:44:10


cadno Sat 06-Jun-15 17:34:01

Merely for the sake of your own convenience, the Midlands - contact the solicitors in the South West and arrange for the will to be given to you. They may well be resistant to it as they won't want to lose the business. They will require evidence you are the executor.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: