Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Trying to write a strongly worded letter...

(7 Posts)
HexBramble Sun 17-May-15 07:52:18

I'm trying to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to a nationwide garage that's charged me huge prices for a job that didn't sort out the problem. Here's a link to the saga if you're interested.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2379119-Have-been-proper-ripped-off-by-a-Nationwide-garage-AIBU-to-complain?msgid=54410140#54410140

Everything sounds far too 'nice' in my head and I think it's my pleasant and friendly disposition which has got me royally ripped off, I think. I want my letter to mean business and I'm just not able to do it.

I don't care if it's just a few short sentences, or a few suggestions, I'll take all the advice I can get. Please!

Thanks.

HexBramble Sun 17-May-15 18:28:13

One last bump to hopefully catch some evening traffic.
Thanks.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 17-May-15 18:31:11

I'd post in AIBU. You'll probably get torn to shreds regardless of whether you're right grin but you might pick up a few strongly worded phrases!

helpful

HexBramble Sun 17-May-15 19:05:13

Drink, well at least you made me grin

I did try an AIBU some days back but got no response. I thought of bumping but I'm feeling fragile after a trying weekend and I don't think my flameproof jacket is quite tough enough.

Thanks for the laugh, though. wink

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 17-May-15 19:10:01

People would say to stick to the fact and not use emotional language but tbh I'd use words like: absolutely disgusted, shocked, disappointed, shocking treatment, shoddy, unreasonable wink.

Disclaimer: sorry, I didn't read your link and possibly you already used similar wording but i'm moving furniture and doing bedtime so that's all from me. Good luck.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 17-May-15 19:10:35

Oh and tell then you'll take them to small claim court. It's easy, you do it online.

HexBramble Sun 17-May-15 19:12:05

Drink, thanks again. You've helped, so thank you.
Careful with that furniture - don't be doing yourself an injury.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now