Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

under age sex

(1 Post)
wirral Sun 10-May-15 21:30:11

In October last year I found out that my then 15 year old daughter had been raped in April, when she was 14, by a 19 year old boy.
Against my daughter's wishes I reported it to the police. This is the first time ever I have had any dealings with the police and I have concerns over their investigation. The "accused" was arrested in Nov 14 and applied for bail several times. He was refused bail (he has been accused previously of a similar crime).
The court case was last week and he was found innocent and released.
I was advised by police not to attend court so don't know really what happened in court.
My query is, can I take this any further, maybe a private prosecution?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: