Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Surely this is a scam legal notice?

(7 Posts)
Earlybird Sat 10-Jan-15 12:11:43

This morning I received the following notice in my email spam folder:

---------------
Eviction letter
You are hereby notified that your tenancy of the premises specified in the attachment to this letter is terminated on 01/27/2015 and on that day you will be required to quit the occupied premises.

If you do not move until the specified date you will be fined or/and held administratively or criminally liable.

Court bailiff,
Robert Valentine
--------------------

The letter has the Holland & Knight logo at the top (a quick google tells me this is a law firm), but though the email address header says Holland & Knight, the further details of the address reads 'support@anjum hotels.com'.

I've done an internet search, and it seems these letters are going around at the moment, and clicking on the attachment will infect my computer with malware.

Should I do anything - other than NOT click on the link?

TIA

loudarts Sat 10-Jan-15 12:29:07

Contact your letting agent and ask?

Schoolaroundthecorner Sat 10-Jan-15 12:30:14

Looks like spam to me OP

ouryve Sat 10-Jan-15 12:30:40

It doesn't sound legit at all.

Eviction notices are delivered to your home, anyhow.

Schoolaroundthecorner Sat 10-Jan-15 12:31:56

www.m.scamcallfighters.com/scam-call-0431415720-knight--and-holland-Fake-Alert-Message-17986.html

Earlybird Sat 10-Jan-15 13:04:38

Thanks for advice. Will ignore/delete.......and anyway, I am not delinquent on my mortgage!

PiratePanda Sat 10-Jan-15 16:35:31

Spam - giveaway is the American dating order

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now