Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

click and collect order

(11 Posts)
homealone42 Thu 08-Jan-15 10:16:59

I placed an online order on Tuesday. On the website it said that it would be ready by 4pm next day. It never arrived. Basically if it doesn't arrive today it will be too late. would I be entitoed to demand a full refund as according to my confirmation email returns are subject to a restocking fee. Am I right in assuming they have breached the contact. Thank you

prh47bridge Thu 08-Jan-15 18:25:46

The title of the thread says it was click and collect. If that is correct you have arranged for the goods to be available in a store for you to collect. Non-delivery is therefore not an issue. They will not deliver the goods to you. You are supposed to go and collect them.

Even if you have ordered the goods to be delivered they would not be in breach of contract for failing to meet an estimated delivery date.

Sleepyfergus Thu 08-Jan-15 18:45:13

I don't think they can charge you for a restocking fee. Check out this www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations
This replaced the distance selling regulations which is what cover you when buying online. They've made them a lot more in favour of the consumer.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 08-Jan-15 18:52:01

prh47bridge
The title of the thread says it was click and collect [...] Non-delivery is therefore not an issue. They will not deliver the goods to you. You are supposed to go and collect them

When OP says they've not arrived, I think she means the goods haven't arrived at the store on the specified date.

OP if they do charge you a "restocking fee" please name and shame as I like to avoid companies which act arsey.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Thu 08-Jan-15 18:54:35

Doesn't this fall under distance selling regs as you ordered online? So you can return within a certain number of days?

102030 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:37:28

What type of company and what type of product?

prh47bridge Thu 08-Jan-15 23:12:45

Doesn't this fall under distance selling regs as you ordered online

As Sleepyfergus says, these have been replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Whether or not this transaction is covered depends on what was ordered.

BaffledSomeMore Thu 08-Jan-15 23:21:02

I had similar with Tesco. I got someone on their webchat service who basically apologised and offered me a refund or alternative product. I had time to collect the alternative before the birthday and went for that.

homealone42 Fri 09-Jan-15 00:00:03

It was clothing but it arrived this afternoon so problem solved. Thank you

homealone42 Fri 09-Jan-15 00:01:44

Yes I meant the store concerned.

102030 Fri 09-Jan-15 00:18:34

Glad it worked out ok. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now