Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Am I allowed to legally ask for travel expenses

(8 Posts)
clairabellababy Tue 06-Jan-15 16:12:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oranges Tue 06-Jan-15 16:18:26

I think all you have to do is make them available for contact, not deliver them

Stubbed Tue 06-Jan-15 16:23:08

Don't let him bully you. You know you don't need to drop them off. Just say you can't do it. Let him take you to court if he wants to - no court is going to expect you to do that.

clairabellababy Tue 06-Jan-15 16:28:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dazedandconfusedagain Tue 06-Jan-15 20:10:15

The others are wrong. If the Court a order states specifically that the travelling must be done by you then it must be done by you. Can you not get the bus- would that be cheaper?

If not, maybe you need to take this back to Court to get the Order amended or is there another hearing set that you could just put up with it for now until then?

My partner is the resident parent and we've been ordered to do the travelling. Except we don't drive and his ex lives in a village with an awful bus service. She drives and doesn't pay any maintenance! Go figure. Just told him it's fair as he won majority residency and it's me fair for her to not only not get what she asked for but also to have to travel! Lol.

LIZS Tue 06-Jan-15 20:18:25

How far away does he live that it is costing you so much? Was that the case when the order was made.

STIDW Wed 07-Jan-15 02:38:57

Unless your ex agrees there is nothing you can about him paying half the costs. When there is a condition attached to a court order to do the travelling you need to do it, I'm afraid. However if the proceedings are ongoing and there is a final hearing coming up you could ask to change the arrangement and propose alternatives.

tracyreader Wed 07-Jan-15 16:55:45

If I read this right, the judge told you to do dropoffs, but not pick ups. So presumably you could legally stop doing the pick-ups.

Although I don't know how he would react to you not showing up to pick up the kids.

Could you maybe talk with his mother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now