Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Divorce - form e exchanged more info required

(7 Posts)
greenberet Sun 04-Jan-15 19:49:59

Hi can anyone advise me if there is some sort of limit on how often you can request info once form e has been exchanged.

My dh is being extremely controlling with the finances and the only way I can gage what is really going on is by seeing his personal bank statements - i was under the impression that these could be requested as often as necessary ie monthly but he is saying that neither he nor his solicitor will provide these until next full disclosure which could be months away.

Anyone advise please - I am getting to my wits end with his controlling behaviour - thanks

TravelinColour Sun 04-Jan-15 20:35:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greenberet Sun 04-Jan-15 20:42:01

he has "travel " but they are 3 months old and i am trying to get more uptodate ones from him - hes telling me there is no money but he is so maipulative and contolling and doesnt seem to have curbed his spending at all - just trying to do this without incurring more sols fees

Collaborate Mon 05-Jan-15 17:59:29

The court will have told you when you can ask questions in the same order that ordered you both to file your form Es. Strictly speaking there should be no disclosure other than that ordered by the judge. In your questionnaire you can ask both relevant questions and for relevant documents, including last 3 months bank statements.
I would always object to having to produce statements monthly. It's not usual, it's cumbersome and nearly always unreasonable. You'll be able to ask that updated statements be provided before any final hearing, or if there's a significant delay before the FDR hearing, before that.

babybarrister Mon 05-Jan-15 18:57:05

there is though an ongoing duty of full and frank disclosure ...

greenberet Mon 05-Jan-15 20:30:11

havent actually got as far as court so dont quite get you - but thanks anyway collaborate - thanks baby - that is possibly how it will need to be dealt with - finances are not straightfoward and Im just trying to keep tabs on what hes doing - im being fleeced - just cant prove it without these

babybarrister Tue 06-Jan-15 09:20:25

you need to get on with things then - get yourself into mediation asap and if it does not work then just issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now