Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Wills

(4 Posts)
LuciaInLondon Sat 03-Jan-15 12:00:21

Finally starting to get my act to gether to get wills sorted for dh and I but the difficulty is knowing who to appoint as guardians. Also I have a dd from my first marraige and although I don't think dh would do anything to cut her out if I go first, am a bit worried about what wouldl happen if he married again ie would the new wife get everything???

Help!

LuciaInLondon Sat 03-Jan-15 15:10:50

Anyone? Have arranged to do my will with Mumblechum1 who has an ad on classifieds, but still not sure about the guardianship thing

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 03-Jan-15 15:46:12

Mumblechum will give you good advice, she did my will. Guardianship is a tricky thing. I have a sister and BIL, but did nt choose them as they have three children (2 girls and a boy), but their youngest has autism so I felt they already have a lot on their plate. I choose DD's godfather and wife they have two boys so she would be the only girl, have similar values, live near DD's school and see her regularly.
Her godfather and BIL are trustees of the money till she is old enough.

Mumblechum1 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:00:25

flowers Thank you Lone Cat.

OP, I've answered your email, and look forward to speaking with you next week to sort out your will smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now