Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Parcel in bin our somewhere outside ?

(15 Posts)
lola38 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:03:16

I ordered some xmass gifts, I tracked it only and it said delivery with signature. We were all at a xmass panto so i know none of us signed for this. I called the company whom said their delivery firm put on the note, left outside in a safe place. The costumer service lady said they are ok to do this and to check my bin. This was empty and no parcel anywhere, i also checked with neighbours. Have i now lost all my money?

lola38 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:03:45

sorry should say -> Parcel in bin or somewhere outside ...

BingBongSongEveryDamnDay Sat 20-Dec-14 16:11:21

They need to state exactly where they left it.
Ask to see the signature. If/when they produce it, it should have a time on, challenge this by pointing out you weren't at home.

I'd also contact the vendor & advise them that your parcel/s never arrived safely.

lola38 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:15:35

They say in an outbuilding, we only have a bin outside and there is nothing there, saying that it is not secure and anyone has access to this.

lola38 Sat 20-Dec-14 16:17:32

signature is unreadable and was done when we were not in. I have informed them we were not at home at all, but the company says we have delivered to your address and i should be able to find the parcel outside ?

grumpyoldgitagain Sat 20-Dec-14 18:06:14

This assumes the driver actually delivered to your address

We have had things delivered to neighbours before and been told they have been delivered even said we photograph front door as proof when item was delivered

Only problem was the front door they photographed wasn't ours and they had delivered it to wrong house on wrong street
Ask them to get in touch with driver and ask specifically were it was left while you are on the phone as you don't have any outbuildings so he must have delivered it to the wrong house

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 20-Dec-14 18:14:00

Who did you order from. I had a Boden order stolen from a wheelie bin and they re shipped everything and took it up with the couriers themselves. Regardless of the legalities, lots of big companies will do that.

duckduckgoose1 Sat 20-Dec-14 21:32:02

I had almost exactly the same thing last week. Came home to a note saying "parcel in shed" We don't have a shed. Called customer services who said check the porch. We don't have one. I checked the garden and the bins etc then asked neighbours- nothing. I called and said I wanted my money back (from the store that I ordered from) and they refunded me instantly.

marne2 Sat 20-Dec-14 21:40:24

I had a parcel left on my doorstep yesterday, it was a telescope I had ordered as a Christmas gift, it was in a box with 'telescope' wrote on it ( I'm sure it's obvious that telescopes are not cheap ), my house is visible from a main road so anyone could have seen it and took it ( luckily they didn't ).

Hermees and yodel are the worst, they often chuck things over the gate into my garden whilst it's chucking it down with rain.

listsandbudgets Sat 20-Dec-14 21:58:07

I had the postman knock on my door a couple of days ago with a parcel for me that should have been delivered by Hermes. They did deliver it in a manner of speaking - to a driveway a few minutes down the road. Luckily for me lovely postman spotted it and decided to deliver it himself.

Hermes response when I complained was to take it up with the retailer. They are useless.

listsandbudgets Sat 20-Dec-14 21:59:15

oh and check your garden. A lot of the time these things just get chucked over the fence (hope its not breakable) I wouldn't put it past them to categorise a fence as an outhouse!

snozzlemaid Sat 20-Dec-14 22:10:37

How did they get a signature if they then had to leave the parcel outside?

listsandbudgets Mon 22-Dec-14 11:55:56

Has the parcel turned up OP?

MrsCosmopifairylight Mon 22-Dec-14 12:58:05

Also puzzled as to why they're saying they've got a signature but it was left outside. That sounds like crossed wires. If it had to be signed for, it wouldn't have been left outside, surely.

skyeskyeskye Mon 22-Dec-14 13:01:29

your contract is with the company that you purchased from, so it is up to them to send you a replacement and then they claim it back from the courier.

so just contact the company and tell them that it hasnt arrived, if the courier did leave it, he did not leave it secure and that you need a replacement.

I had to stick a notice on my front door asking couriers NOT to leave parcels in either bin, as they would end up sticking of cat litter or rotting grass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now