Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Cafcass referrals

(3 Posts)
honey86 Sun 14-Dec-14 21:19:17

Is there anyway there can be a welfare check done or something like that on my ex without it going to court? Social services said he needs a risk assessment done before he has unsupervised contact (hes a bit of a flight risk, has uncontrolled depression and an ex-wife who says hes abusive and refuses him contact with his dd. hes mentally verbally abusive to me) but they wont help me nor will cafcass when theres no cases open. Yet ill prob be frowned upon by them if i went against their advice. I cant find any contact centres that will make a report or supervise Im getting nasty messages from him because i wont allow uc and im upset n stressed. Can a solicitor refer to cafcass or can any one else do an assessment. Im at the end of my tether 😢

honey86 Mon 15-Dec-14 07:18:00


HeadDoctor Mon 15-Dec-14 08:04:48

CAFCASS can only be involved through the court.
Is he harassing you? I would involve the police if he is.
Have you checked the [ NACCC] website for a contact centre?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now