Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Other woman is a company director

(4 Posts)
Wowthishurtsalot Sun 07-Dec-14 22:53:31

A friend of mine had a messy divorce her ex cheated and left owing her nearly £100k. It has since come to light he has started a new business using his mrs as the registered director and the business appears quite successful, even though he is claiming absolute poverty

Where does my friend stand on getting the money back?

Mumblechum1 Mon 08-Dec-14 08:20:54

Did they get a consent order? If so, normally there's a dismissal clause to say that neither can come back to claim against the other for any reason.

Even if there is no consent order, if the ex husband isn't on the company records it is extremely unlikely that she'll be able to find evidence that it has anything to do with him, unless he's receiving regular dividends/drawings from the company (which would have be dressed up as a salary).

Collaborate Mon 08-Dec-14 08:30:06

Agree with mumbles re the court order.
As for proof, it depends on the facts. If he has particular skills or qualifications useful in the business but his new partner doesn't it may be easier to prove that she is merely a front for his business activities. Your friend can also go to CMEC to have them investigate this source of income he's deliberately diverted to new woman.

Wowthishurtsalot Mon 08-Dec-14 15:06:24

Brilliant thanks. No I don't think that order is in place as she has always had every intention of getting the money back.

He is on the list of staff for the company at a level just under director. All a bit too convenient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now