Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Injunction help.

(7 Posts)
christmasmammy Mon 01-Dec-14 17:51:04

I left my partner a couple of months ago due to him being volatile and smashing up the house. after I left o received suicide threats from him along with some abusive texts. so I blocked him on Facebook and had to change my phone number. This was after attempts to sort differences and remain friends during which he continued to be foul.
Recently I received a threat through a different Facebook account from him and so involved the police.
They have advised that I take out an injunction against him so that of he continues I have some sort of protection.
I am heavily pregnant and he has caused trouble on and off my whole pregnancy and I'm getting very stressed and upset over it now. confused

I have no idea at all about matters like this ! Do I just go to a solicitor and ask to take an injunction out? Will I have to attend court and what about costs? Obviously I don't want him anywhere me or my baby but I'm living on state maternity pay so do not have a lot of money.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Collaborate Mon 01-Dec-14 21:58:26

Look on the Eesolution

Collaborate Mon 01-Dec-14 22:01:08

Posted too early. Look on the Resolution website for a solicitor near you. Sounds like you'll be entitled to legal aid to apply to court for a non-molestation order. If your baby is his you'll need the injunction as it's unlikely you'll be able to have nothing further to do with him.

WrappedInABlankie Tue 02-Dec-14 16:00:35

You will have to get a solicitor to send at least 1 warning letter telling him to stop all contact with you or you'll apply for a non-molestation order. You have to have enough evidence for the legal aid to think you'll be able to get one too

I'm going through the same thing

Collaborate Wed 03-Dec-14 00:14:46

A warning letter does not always have to be sent. In the case of an emergency the initial injunction order can be made without the Respondent being present. The longer you wait from the most recent to do something about it the less likely you'll be granted one of these emergency orders.

BigPawsBrown Thu 04-Dec-14 12:51:46

It's not an injunction. it's a non-molestation order (civil) or a restraining order (criminal). Injunction is a totally different ball game.

Collaborate Thu 04-Dec-14 20:04:40

A non-molestation order is a type of injunction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now