Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

I need advice regarding a 75% / 25% house split

(4 Posts)
Jemima1988 Thu 27-Nov-14 22:44:50

I own 25% of a house I am not currently living in, my late dad's gf is.
does anyone know my rights ? I really want to either sell or get her to buy me out.

Collaborate Fri 28-Nov-14 18:33:00

If you can't agree with her how you sell your interest (to her or you both sell up) you can apply to court for an order for sale. See if you can agree with her first, and if you can't you'll need to seek legal advice. If you have to apply to court for an order for sale the court normally would order she has to pay your costs.

mynewpassion Sat 29-Nov-14 03:54:10

I wonder if his will includes triggers that will force the sale of the house. Sometimes, unmarried couples have a legal document that the surviving partner can live in that house until they move out or remarry, at which time they will have to sell the house or buy out the other surviving heirs' share.

babybarrister Sat 29-Nov-14 19:44:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now