Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

car bang

(6 Posts)
oneboy3girls Sun 16-Nov-14 10:54:37

I parked my car at the cinema A woman came over and said I had banged into another car and marked it.It was supposedly not her car .There were marks on the car and I thought I must have done it.She marched off to reception to leave all details and to act as a witness.I then went to reception to cover myself .They said leave a message on the windscreen.But the car had gone .I got home there are no marks on my car.My dh thinks it is a scam . She took lots of photos .What do I do ?tia

Comito Sun 16-Nov-14 11:13:55

You would know if you'd hit another car. I would just ignore it.

TheAlias Sun 16-Nov-14 11:35:31

I think it is possible to lightly catch another car whilst manovering and not be sure but it seems unlikely. If the other car was that badly marked, wouldn't there be corresponding marks on your car?

What was she taking photos of? If it was the marks on the other car, all that proves is that the other car was marked.

I think a call to the non-emergency police number to seek advice. If it was a scam you'll be hearing from her or the other driver/the police on their behalf so best to get your defence in first IMO.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 16-Nov-14 11:48:40

I hit another car without noticing. Pulled into a parking space. Dh was in passenger seat. He got out and said 'look at the scrape on that car'. Then he looked at my front bumper and said 'oh'. Scratches on the corner of my bumper corresponding with the scrape on the next car. And a bit of paint so it was definitely me. Neither he nor I noticed it happen and he was sitting that side. blush

If there are no marks on your car don't worry. It can't have been you. She was either pulling some weird scam or was very mistaken.

I left a note. Got a very snotty call from a young woman. Gave her my insurance details and told her to go through them. Apologised for any inconvenience but what could I do? Couldn't arrange the repair for her. confused

nochangewanted Sun 16-Nov-14 11:53:11

I was accused of hitting a car which I didn't . Do phone none emergency police and report it. Otherwise you can be charged with failing to leave an accident.

I also did reverse into a car a couple of months ago and left a note despite not been able to see any damage to my car or other drivers and heard nothing else

oneboy3girls Sun 16-Nov-14 13:43:26

PThanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now