Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Court Order Against FIL?

(6 Posts)
dahKill Tue 11-Nov-14 19:19:25

My husband and I are divorcing, he won't have access to a car once I move out with the children and he is threatening to let our two young sons drive with his father.

His father is an alcoholic and starts drinking early in the day (before noon) and will drink upwards of 16 tins of lager a day.

I don't have any proof of this but my STBXH has told me this for years.

Does anyone know if I can get a court order barring my children from ever driving with their grandfather?

I'm at a loss on how to handle this.

pluCaChange Tue 18-Nov-14 18:24:42

Maybe speak to the police (101 non-emergency number) so your concern is logged and evidence gathered. If he (FIL) starts being pulled over, it would hopefully not be very long before he is taken off the road.

Does he drive a lot now? Have you never raised your concerns, even anonymously, with the police?

Meloria Tue 18-Nov-14 21:48:40

Prohibited Steps Order to stop the children going in the car with FIL.

bloodyteenagers Tue 18-Nov-14 22:03:33

Tip the police off that he drink drives. His name. His address. His car reg and any other car reg in the house.
But tbh I would have been doing this for years, as soon as I became aware. Ad any time I suspected that he was drink driving I would have informed the police.

babybarrister Wed 19-Nov-14 10:26:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dahKill Mon 09-Feb-15 22:45:05

Sorry I never replied. My not-soon-enough-tbxh stalked me on mumsnet, found this thread, and threatened to go around responding to each thread I was on, telling his story. Saying this was unfair of me to try and get advice. It was a pattern in our relationship, trying to keep me from having any support or help.

I wanted to thank the people who took the time to respond.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: