Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice on roof repairs

(3 Posts)
Itsallabitwoowoo Tue 11-Nov-14 14:00:11

Had a leak from a flat roof (terrace) above my bedroom. Got someone in and they said flat roof needs a rubber membrane which they did as well as replace a panel of tiles that they recommended were done. Then roof leaks even more every time it rains. The leak into the bedroom is far worse and there are holes in the ceiling where they have cut into it to see where the leak is coming from. There was only a small mark before they started. So it seems that they have not sealed the flat roof and water was getting under it. This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now. They were supposed to come today but no show and it is due to rain tomorrow. I have not paid them anything yet. I want to tell them to sod off to be honest. Anyone have any advice?

Collaborate Tue 11-Nov-14 15:04:37

Get someone else in. Get them to do a report on what the problem is, how much of it was caused by the other firm, and how much of the new firm's bill is down to remedying the bodged job. Then take the first firm to the small claims court if they won't pay on asking.

Itsallabitwoowoo Wed 12-Nov-14 10:49:49

Thanks for the advice, I think that's what I will have to do. And I got them from that Rated People website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now