Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

broken contact

(9 Posts)
moomooland01 Wed 29-Oct-14 15:23:33

I was in court yesterday for a first directions hearing.
Interim contact was put in place, EOW. Eldest usually lives with him but is currently at grandparents. 2 other DC are with me. EX wants eldest back with him however SS want to assess EX first before he moves back so see if he can manage his behaviour.
EOW was agreed for all 3 kids and was to start this weekend.
Hes just emailed me to say hes not having them until hes been assessed.
Who do I report this to if he doesnt have them? Do I just keep a diary?
SS dont have an issue with contact, they have an issue with eldest living there full time.

HeadDoctor Wed 29-Oct-14 16:27:13

Is there a clause on your child arrangements order that says to notify the court if any party does not comply with the order?

moomooland01 Wed 29-Oct-14 17:27:45

I don't have a copy? Will it come in the post?

lostdad Wed 29-Oct-14 19:56:43

The court won't intervene if it has ordered your DC spend time with him but he doesn't want them.

If you want to be whiter than white contact him pointing out that the contact ordered by the court was decided upon on the basis that it is in the best interests of the children. But you can't make him.

You should get the order in a week or so. If you don't, phone the office (with your case number) and ask them where it is.

HeadDoctor Wed 29-Oct-14 20:51:05

Ours takes over a month to arrive. Terrible backlog!

moomooland01 Wed 29-Oct-14 21:29:00

Thanks lostdad.
So even though he's saying he wants all 3 children to live with him and he doesn't turn up for contact then it won't go against him and it shouldn't be reported?

WrappedInABlankie Thu 30-Oct-14 17:56:20

print off the email with your reply and file it so it's with you next time, log anything where he say's that he doesn't want the children or only wants certain ones

moomooland01 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:31:06

Thank you, I will do just that.
His assessment will be a while yet so it's his loss at the end of the day.
Wouldn't min he rang them to tell them and now they're gonna be let down.

lostdad Mon 03-Nov-14 13:10:52

Document everything that happens in a diary. Send him messages when he has missed contact saying that you're sorry contact didn't take place and/or the DC has missed out.

This sort of thing goes in a bundle at a final hearing and not on an adhoc basis. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now