Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Permanent address

(5 Posts)
Oneaprilday Wed 02-Apr-14 01:20:03

I just wanted to settle this in my head as I don't know if I've done something 'wrong'.

I have recently split from my partner and am back living with my parents for now. He privately rented while we were together and then bought a house just before our baby was due. Everything was in his name and I suppose I never officially lived with him in the sense it was never noted down anywhere. There were a few reasons for this: our private rent was only ever temporary so I didn't want my mail going there, the bills were already set up and it was easier for me to just contribute than get my name added.

We both work full time, and I contributed towards the bills, food etc. We never claimed any benefits or council tax reduction so there is nothing illegal there but I feel like I have done something dodgy. When it comes to filling in a form to get on a Housing Association list can I put my partner's address as my previous address or do I have to put my parent's (where I was on the electoral roll)? Will this stop me from getting social housing? We are very overcrowded.

Collaborate Wed 02-Apr-14 06:51:44

You've not done anything dodgy. We don't live in some kind if Orwellian state where you must report to the authorities where you are from day to day.
You should put down your actual addresses.

Oneaprilday Wed 02-Apr-14 21:14:23

I just worried that if I put my address as my parent's house yet the reason I need housing is because of a split with my partner it wouldn't quite tally with them.

Yambabe Wed 02-Apr-14 23:12:32

the reason you need housing is surely because you and your child are living in overcrowded conditions at your parents' house though and nothing to do with your ex?

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Fri 04-Apr-14 19:06:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now