Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Joint seller of house

(5 Posts)
UnionofMultitaskers Tue 01-Apr-14 21:05:27

I own my house with sister. She's abroad, temporarily. We've accepted offer on house. Our solicitors want 2 forms of her ID photocopied and with a signature from a solicitor or someone public notoriety. She doesn't know anyone there and says she can't get to solicitor. If she photocopied her ID and sent to me then I got someone to sign it that has known her for 2 years would this be ok? Will ask my solicitor tomorrow but I'm worried I wonder if anyone can help this evening.
Thanks in advance

tb Thu 03-Apr-14 14:39:06

Could she go to her local Town Hall or something like that? We needed something, and went to the Mairie in the village and the maire signed it and it was then stamped with the Mairie's official stamp - we're in France btw.

mumblechum1 Fri 04-Apr-14 19:41:49

A certified copy is supposed to involve the person certifying it having the original to compare with the copy so no, I'm afraid your idea is unlikely to work.

It's a 5 minute job to get a certified copy done, surely she can see a solicitor in her lunch hour?

fuckwitteryhasform Fri 04-Apr-14 21:44:26

Which country is she in? She needs a notary, or the lical British embassy will do this for her.

fuckwitteryhasform Fri 04-Apr-14 21:44:36


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: