Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Holiday Dr advice please

(4 Posts)
TwinkleSparkleBling Fri 28-Mar-14 19:25:51

Last year on holiday we called the Dr out to see DD1. We thought it was a bug but just wanted some reassurance. Hotel Reception arranged this and told us it was 90e. Dr arrived minimal exam and said she needed paracetamol/ibuprofen and was probably a bug. They arranged to see DD next day. We paid the 90e in cash and were told there was nothing else to pay.

They asked for insurance details but we said we weren't going to claim (as we thought our excess was more than this). They said we needed to give the details incase DD worsened and needed an ambulance in the night, as the ambulance wouldn't come without insurance details.

The next day we go for the appointment but there is no one there. We wait for about 45min and tell Reception no one had turned up but DD was much better, so we weren't bothered.

Last year we had a letter from our holiday company asking for details/invoices as the Dr was claiming from them and they wanted to verify what had happened as they had fraudulent claims from Drs overseas. I basically said the above and that as far as I was concerned there was nothing outstanding.

Today we get a letter from the Dr saying as we'd told the insurance not to pay, we had to or they'd put it to debt recovery. He has included an invoice for an extra 75e for the first visit and 120e for the second visit.

How should I respond?

jamtoast12 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:39:51

No I had similar from Spain 2 years ago, I ignored it and haven't heard since.

specialsubject Sat 29-Mar-14 15:05:44

Spain, by any chance? did you have an EHIC? was the treatment and visits covered by the EHIC? If so, nothing more to pay.

if not covered by the EHIC, you need to pay, and so you contact the insurers.

TwinkleSparkleBling Sat 29-Mar-14 20:09:27

I don't think the EHIC will cover it as I'm presuming it was a private Dr.

The issue I have is that we didn't have the second visit at all as the Dr didn't show up, so should certainly not pay for that. We were told that the 1st visit was 90e which we paid, so again shouldn't pay more if we were not told about this at the time.

This is what we told the insurance so I guess this is why they won't pay. I think I may just ignore.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: