Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What can I do?

(2 Posts)
Lovemy3kids Sat 22-Mar-14 18:33:43

Hi...need some advice.

I've been chasing my ex through the CSA for over 12 months. He won't pay what has been requested by them, he won't acknowledge their letters and when they ring him he either refuses to answer or he hangs up. They have today rang me to say that hmrc can find no trace of him being employed (he dissolved his company recently) so they have said theres nothing they can do.

I've told them that he is working on a self employed basis and have provided them in the past with all the details. They are going to try this avenue now. They have all the info on him, the fact that he has a website with his details on advertising his business, they have google street mapped his brand new house, but we are still no further forward 14 months on.

He sees his 2 children for 3 hours (term time only) one day a week and has them every other weekend. He won't have them during school holidays apart from his weekends.

Part of me wants to tell him that until he starts to pay that he cannot see the kids, but the other part of me knows this is unfair on them. I have struggled for the last 2 years (only contacted CSA feb 2013) where I have solely provided everything financially for my 3 kids (eldest not his) and I am getting frustrated by his lack of being a responsible parent.

Are ther any other avenues apart from CSA that I can take to get money off him? Court....solicitors?? I know I can get 1/2 hour free sessions with some solicitors, but I work full time and I am not near the town centre where the solicitors are to pop in during an extended lunch break. I also haven't really got the funds to pay for a solicitor.

Any advice would be greatly received.

CuriousOranj Sat 22-Mar-14 21:02:17

Try looking here.
They have a helpline too. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: