Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Who to contact concerning medical negligence?

(6 Posts)
hifi Tue 18-Mar-14 15:40:05

preferably not a no win no fee. Is there a govt body?

smearedinfood Tue 18-Mar-14 16:55:47

There are healthcare regulators. Have you tried complaining to your local NHS in the first instance?

niceboots Tue 18-Mar-14 19:23:49

What is it you are hoping to achieve? It's not clear from your post whether you're looking for a lawyer (to sue for compensation) or whether you want to make a complaint (re the question about a government body) so that the case is investigated from a professional competency point of view.

hifi Tue 18-Mar-14 19:34:26

Its my mum,a nurse warned her against using the patient liason officer for some reason. Its more professional competency, she has been left blind in one eye. The hospital involved is trying to rectify the situation but she feels they are covering for each other and cant get a straight answer to anything. A consultants secretary has blatantly lied to her.She wants to know what went wrong.

babybarrister Tue 18-Mar-14 21:27:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hifi Wed 19-Mar-14 18:03:55


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now