Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Paid motorhome rental deposit but no acknowledgement or info

(5 Posts)
RosieLig Wed 12-Mar-14 17:31:36

Can anyone help me with my rights

I've paid a £700 deposit for a motorhome rental in the UK (Scotland) for 2 weeks in the summer. The Company has not acknowledged my payment or sent me any written confirmation. It's been a month now.

They were vague on the phone but promised they would email me. I've heard nothing. I've called and left messages since Monday but nothing.

I feel like cancelling and rebooking elsewhere as I'm not happy to pay them the balance if they're not kosher.

What are my rights? Thanks!

tb Wed 12-Mar-14 20:13:33

How did you pay the deposit? You will have proof if you have paid by either cheque or credit card.

RosieLig Wed 12-Mar-14 20:27:59

Hi, I paid by bank transfer.

AgentProvocateur Wed 12-Mar-14 20:29:36

What are they called? They could well be kosher, but busy / on holiday. Some of them are one-man bands.

RosieLig Thu 13-Mar-14 11:52:17

Hi,

They are a small setup but I don't think that is an excuse for such rubbish communication!

Just called the landline and they're in a meeting and I'm to call back in 20 minutes. Very frustrated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now