Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

tax credits

(6 Posts)
jellybabypmc Wed 12-Mar-14 01:42:21

Hi am new to this, I am just looking for some advice please if any one can help. I got married 2 and a half years ago changed my name on my passport for honeymoon went on honeymoon which was the worst 2 wks off my life. We came home and went our separate ways haven't spoke since (something happened i do not wish to discuss) I don't no were he lives nothing.before I married I was on my own with my son claiming tax credits I was goin to start my new claim as married with my new husband but as we split up I didn't report my change. I am now worried I haven't changed it what will happen to me.i have never gave it a thought we finished so nothing changed. it came up in conversation yesterday one of my work mates asked why i didn't ever change it and that i could b in trouble i am terrified of the out come x thanks in advance if anyone can give me any advice.

jellybabypmc Wed 12-Mar-14 01:43:37

Hi I really need advice I think I am in a lot of trouble.

tinyturtletim Thu 13-Mar-14 19:51:18

Have you claimed as a couple or single person all the time since u split?

Nappaholic Thu 13-Mar-14 23:45:18

If it's just the name change you're worried about, you needn't be. If you lived with your husband but didn't report the change in circumstances, the you'd be in trouble only to the extent of having to pay back the overpayment Sounds like it's bothering you quite a bit?

PandaFeet Thu 13-Mar-14 23:50:30

If you have never had him living there, and he has never contributed to any bills, and he has no post coming to your house, then you should be ok.

Are you divorced? Can you have the marriage annulled?

TheGirlFromIpanema Fri 14-Mar-14 00:12:44

Do your bills etc still arrive to your maiden name? This would help show that the marriage didn't materialise after the wedding; changing passport is often done in advance I think (?) before a wedding so that on its own shouldn't be a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now