Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Holiday fallout

(3 Posts)
owlbegoing Tue 11-Mar-14 22:06:01

DSis is meant to be going away with friends in June. Due to her ex being a twat and sleeping with one of the others going on the holiday she doesn't want to go.
Because she had the money available she paid everyone's deposit and made another £300 payment (this was before he shagged around) BUT the booking wasn't made in her name. She's just one of the named travellers. I don't think that the company will give her the £300 back or allow her to cancel the holiday as it's not in her name even though she can prove she made the payments. Would I be unfortunately correct?

TIA

HootHootTootToot Wed 12-Mar-14 14:02:47

Has she fallen out with all the friends? Perhaps they will still pay her back?

specialsubject Wed 12-Mar-14 16:13:18

I fear that she won't get the money back anyway because this is a 'don't want to travel' not 'can't travel situation'. Worryingly I also see no mention of travel insurance, but again this probably won't pay.

she can probably cancel according to the booking conditions, which will raise everybody else's costs. So that is some revenge on both guilty parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now