Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

When to apply for Child Maintenance.

(5 Posts)
Amicus1966 Mon 10-Mar-14 22:07:19

Is it legally acceptable to apply for CM when you are living in the same property as your ex or can you only apply when living in separate properties?

STIDW Mon 10-Mar-14 22:25:27

There must be a "non resident parent" who does not live in the same household to claim child maintenance through the Child Maintenance Service (or the CSA for old cases)

awishes Mon 10-Mar-14 22:26:52

I'd like to know the answer to this too as my STBEH has decided that there are new financial arrangements in place BEFORE he leaves the family home sad

STIDW Tue 11-Mar-14 08:15:41

Instead of claiming child maintenance through the CMS/CSA it can be agreed voluntarily as a family based arrangement or as part of a consent order settling the finances overall. See the CM Options website.

Amicus1966 Tue 11-Mar-14 09:09:32

Yeah I tried the family based arrangement . But once he realised it wasn't legally binding he just laughed at it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: