Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Police Information Notice

(5 Posts)
MrsIrony Mon 10-Mar-14 17:24:42

Can anyone give me some advice. DH and I separated about 9 months ago. He is with someone else. That's fine. Last week he upset my daughter over something and she was on the phone to him and he was shouting at her so I took the phone off him and asked him to leave her alone and stop letting her down. He hung up on me. Fair enough. I send him a long email explaining why she's not wanting to see him and how she feels hurt because he is fussing over the girlfriend and her kids so much she feels abandoned.

Two days later I receive a visit from a policeman saying that they are issuing a notice and that he has claimed I am harassing him. The policeman says this works both ways and that we should both acknowledge this and not make any contact unless through our solicitors.

Fine with me I say.

I told the PC that I had already blocked his number and his email from sending me messages so that he was unable to contact me. Also that I had shown him how to block me on his phone. This he did so there was no need to contact each other at all. Our daughter can do so as long she wants to. She is 16 and I don't feel the need to liaise between them now.

When the PC visited I asked him when this complaint had been made and he said "Monday AM". I then said how strange as on Tuesday afternoon he had left a long message on my landline answering machine despite the fact that I had never given him the number. He was perplexed and didn't know what to say but made me sign and accept the PIN anyway.

So nice and quiet on the Western front then? You would think so but my daughter has been bombarded with text and BBM messaging since that day. She has become increasingly distressed. Clearly as he has no method of getting through to me directly he is trying to do it through our daughter.

So it seems that, in his mind, if I contact him (specially if its when he's with his girlfriend) I am harassing him but if he contacts me that's OK? Where do I stand on this? Do I take out a similar complaint? Do the police not have better things to do with their time?

What really concerns me is that I work for an organisation which requires a CRB check. This will show up the next time its done. What recourse do I have against someone that is just being spiteful and childish and causing me to have police records?

Is there anything I can do about it please?

trufflehunterthebadger Mon 10-Mar-14 20:53:03

a pin does not show up on a CRB. It's not a caution/warning/conviction.

The purpose of a PIN is to remove the argument that lots of people use when harassing people "but I thought she wanted me to text her 200 times per hour".

SandWitch Tue 11-Mar-14 10:32:55

I would suggest that if your daughter feels that she is being harassed she speak to the Police herself.

Hope things settle down soon.

righthand Sat 10-Jan-15 00:19:25

A PIN does however show up on an enhanced CRB check. A bit like a criminal record, except you haven't been convicted of anything.

prh47bridge Sat 10-Jan-15 10:26:05

A PIN does however show up on an enhanced CRB check

This is a zombie thread but...

A PIN will only show on an enhanced DBS check if the police think it is relevant. Even then individual gets the chance to argue that it should not be disclosed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: