Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Head Lice

(3 Posts)
boggins12 Sat 08-Mar-14 08:22:00

What are the policies of looking through my childs hair at nursery

Spickle Sat 08-Mar-14 08:37:44

Have you asked to see the Policy documents which your nursery should provide? In any case, surely you would look through your child's hair regularly? Many nurseries I suspect rely on parents to check their children and inform them should there be an instance of head lice, then the nursery will warn parents to be aware of the situation.

sandiy Sat 08-Mar-14 08:45:31

Should have consent,but, you may have signed something when you signed all those papers when your child joined without noticing.Certainly a lot of nurserys are putting in consents for this because so many parents don t bother,Some even insist that children found with live nits are removed and not returned until properly treated in the contract.
I ve seen children that you wouldn't need to look through the hair to see the live nits you can see them from the other side of the room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now